Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life Coaching

I recently had the opportunity to spend an hour talking with a life coach.  What is a life coach, you may ask?  A life coach is a person that helps you talk through an issue that is keeping you "stuck" in an area of your life...kinda like a therapist, but better!  Anyways, when I first asked to meet with Kym, I was in one of those "treadmill" moments...you know those, when everything in your life is making you feel like you are running but not getting anywhere.  By the time our appointment came around, though, I was feeling more like myself and wasn't really sure what our meeting would hold.

Anyways, our time together was amazing, to say the least.  It was really very hard to look into myself and "feel" what my subconscious inner thoughts did to my body.  I discovered that the root of my issues stemed from a very important person in my past inadvertantly (I hope!) planting the thought "I'm not good enough" and me believing it!  It was this thinking that got me "stuck"...not good enough as a parent, wife, friend, employee, even housekeeper.  But as I have discovered this lie deep within, I have been able to consciously think about the many ways that I AM GOOD ENOUGH! And how this truth changes everything!!  I don't have to be perfect, but I AM GOOD ENOUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment