Friday, January 21, 2011

Clutter Costs Cash

Every driver knows that the joy of your birthday is annually derailed by the required trip to the Secretary of State.  I know, thanks to the internet, it is now a much simpler process...unless you are covered in clutter as I am.  Last October when I received my renewal notice, I wrote out a check for the amount desired, sealed the envelope, and just needed to wait until I had the money in the bank. 

Days before my birthday, I kept thinking about that envelope that I had not yet mailed...too late now, guess I will need to do it online...oops, my birthday came and went.  The day after my birthday I went online to the Secretary of State, knowing that I would need to pay the $10 late fee...no biggie.  What?!  I can't renew online cause it's late?!  Great, now I need to find that envelope...got it (miracle).  Put in a new check that includes the late fee...oops, not enough money in the checking account...already late, no need to hurry...I have til the end of the month! 

October turned to November, turned to December, turned to January...I kept thinking about it.  Wondered where the envelope had gotten to, and kept moving the amount in my Quicken checking register.

So, other than the $10 late fee, how has this clutter cost anything??  Well, a couple of days ago, I was pulled over for having expired plates...$105! :-(  Not my best day, but when you live in clutter, it's a risk you take!

No comments:

Post a Comment